At Bunting Bearings, we are always looking for ways to streamline our operations and improve our customers’ experience. When our team is fully equipped with everything they need to do a great job, we can better serve our customers.
With that in mind, we have invested in a Siemens Dematic automated warehouse handling system to improve workflow and efficiency in our warehouse. These in-house improvements translate to better products and customer service for you.
The new building that will host this new system is nearing completion. We expect it to be fully operational by December 2019. The entire team at Bunting Bearings is looking forward to its implementation and its contribution to satisfying customer needs.
Benefits of Our New Handling System
Some of the specific benefits of integrating this new robotic product handling system into our existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) system include:
- Increased productivity. The system eliminates walking and elevated picking. The operators remain stationary and the system travels to the bin locations to retrieve the parts and then returns to the operator for product packing.
- The system can be used for a wide variety of products, including cast bronze, powdered metal, and plastic bearings.
- Improved product accuracy. The system reduces the risk of human error in regard to product shipment.
- Maximized space utilization. By maximizing our warehouse space with the automated system, we will have the opportunity to continue to optimize the layout of the bronze bar inventory, for increased efficiency and shorter “order to ship” intervals. This is good timing because we recently added a full Lead-Free EcoBronze range to meet demand.
- Enhanced employee safety. The automated system eliminates the need for manual lifting and reduces the risk of employee accidents or injury.
What This Means For Our Customers
For our customers, this new system means:
- Faster fulfillment. Due to decreases in overall operational time, customers will notice that we will be able to fulfill orders more quickly.
- Greater satisfaction. While we are proud of our pick accuracy, this system will reduce the margin of error further when it comes to ensuring that the customer gets exactly what they ordered
Bearing Solutions at Bunting Bearings
At Bunting Bearings, we continually look for ways to improve our range of products, and in recent times, our emphasis has been to enhance our offering of lead-free, environmentally friendly products. The integration of our new Siemens Dematic automated warehouse handling system is part of our commitment to premier quality, environmental sustainability, and superior customer service.
We are thrilled about our new system and what it means for both our warehouse team and our customers. It will enhance our ability to manufacture and deliver our complete range of high-performance bearing solutions for industrial and commercial markets such as marine, pumps, forestry, construction, medicine, utilities and oil and gas.
To learn more about our new warehouse handling system or any of our services and capabilities, reach out to us today.